Thanks for viewing my Blog! It means a lot to me.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Learning to Swim...

It's the 13th of January...the day Edie learned that you do not hold your breath when swimming! I never learned how to swim! I'm taking lessons...thank goodness! Today was the 1st official day our Beginner Triathlon Training meeting. We had swimming technique evaluations where while we swam we were videotaped and critiqued. HOW EMBARRASSING! I hope now that I know you don't hold your breath, maybe I will be a little bit better. Jeezz... We're going through a pretty intense (for me, anyway) 26 week training session to be ready for a Sprint or Olympic race. After today, I think I'll go for the Sprint version! I would love to - if nothing else - swim a length of the pool! They say it won't be long before I'm swimming 40 lengths!

School has started - four classes - one cooking class - two that are going to have lots of tests, quizzes, and memorization...and Math! It's just pre-Algebra, but I've never studied Math other than business math - AKA 'bookkeeping" before. I am struggling, I think, because I'm really struggling with memorizing. I asked my math professor if he'd be able to tutor me for a while. One nice thing about our school is that tutoring sessions are free! I feel better now. So, I'm going to be turning 54 and I'm just now learning how to do Algebra and swim. Wow. I guess it's never too late!

Emotionally, I'm doing better. For one thing, I felt very confident in our cooking class this past week. I heard from one of our chefs - he's asked me to help out in the kitchen for two upcoming events. I'm so excited! I feel I'll really improve my skills from being in a real world kitchen.

Well, time to do homework - two quizzes to study for.

No comments:

Post a Comment