Thanks for viewing my Blog! It means a lot to me.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

January 3, 2013!

Wow! A lot has happened since my last post. Thank you to everyone whose following it - I really appreciate your kind words!

Well, first off - I had a wonderful holiday with my boys and daughter-in-law. We spent the time before Christmas and Christmas day together. Then Jason and Brittany went back to work and Chris traveled on to his Dad's. They all spent some time together before and after New Years. Chris then went back to Indiana and work.

The time off school (and work for the most part) has been awesome. I so needed it. I'm back to the gym and....training for a Triathlon! I'll be training for the full, but if I can't, I'll do the sprint version. I have to learn how to swim! Can you believe it - I never learned how to swim! I hope I'm not in lessons with little kids! LOL! Anyway, I'm excited about the possibility of that accomplishment.

I went back to Pennsylvania for a few days and spent time with family. It was nice. I started back to Michigan on New Year's Eve morning...and got into an accident on the PA turnpike. My car had to be towed, I had to get a rental car, then drive another five hours, right after being in an accident. I was physically and emotionally drained by the time I got back to my apartment. I had to unload an entire car full of stuff that I brought back from my Dad's (first from my car to the rental car, then the rental car to my apartment.) I didn't care - I stopped at McDonald's before coming home! I was supposed to run a 5k on New Year's Day - but I did not have the energy. I slept like 12 hours. I figure God wanted to give me one more hurdle before 2012 was over!

I'm looking forward to classes starting next week. I am hopeful my car is not totaled and can be fixed. I found out yesterday that if it is fixable, they will tow it to Michigan and have it repaired at my dealership! Thank God! I thought I'd have to drive five hours both ways to pick it up. So, that's a good thing.

2013 is going to be a good year. I'll be working out and getting into shape, I'll hopefully accomplish something I never thought I'd even attempt, I'll meet new people and have opportunities to bike and run with a group. I'll learn how to swim! I hope to get into one of our kitchens within the restaurant group and get some practical experience. My boys are doing well, and so is my family. I've got so many wonderful friends who pull me through. I've got some very good people who I get to talk things through with. It's all good. I'm hoping and praying to see more of those kinds of things this year and less of the hard times. That's my plan, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment