Thanks for viewing my Blog! It means a lot to me.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Made it Through My First Class!

Well, I made it through my first class! I ended up with a 98.29%, but a lot of it was due to the great chef I had for an instructor. I think he cut me a lot of slack! But, I feel good about what I've accomplished these past months. Not about the situation and becoming divorced, but what I've done despite it. These past few days have been hard on me. I guess maybe because I'm on break - down time - haven't had time to really think up until now. So, I've done quite a bit of crying. I cleaned the apartment today and that helped a little! LOL! I've been talking to a very good friend and that's been helping as well. When I thought about it today - I realized that it's been 6 months since Dan decided he wanted a divorce. I think it will be final in a few weeks from now. I thought it would be over in three months. I just want it over. I've got a lot to look forward to. I need to look ahead and I want to.
Tomorrow I'm going to attend a church here for the first time. I'm also starting Divorce Care on Monday at the same church. My good friend has been trying to convince me to start attending and I'm finally ready I think. I'm getting my notebooks ready for the next session of school. I'll be in the kitchen 10 hours a week and I'm very excited about that! Last week I had dinner with my good friends Linda and Dawn and was lucky enough to see two other good friends - Gloria and Sandy - at the same restaurant. That was such a boost for me. Before dinner, I went into Barnes and Noble and bought a few cookbooks - Creole and Mexican cuisine - to start challenging myself to step away from what I know.
I took the National Food Safety test last Tuesday and felt like I did very well. It will be a couple of weeks until I find out the results. I'm glad it's over!
So, this coming week I'm still on break, but it's a great week to look forward to. I have two physical therapy sessions; a session with the trainer at the gym; my very good friend Cathy is coming for a visit; and two other friends - Gina and Connie - are coming for a visit on Friday. I have a follow up doctor's appointment with the sports medicine doctor and I feel physical therapy is really helping. I can't wait to get back to working out and feeling that good feeling that working out gives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment