Thanks for viewing my Blog! It means a lot to me.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A New Semester

Today is Day Three of my new semester and I feel like I've been run over by a truck! Monday and Tuesday mornings from 7 am to 12 pm I'm in the kitchen going NON-STOP. We get one break. I usually use the bathroom but I'd love to be able to curl up on a couch somewhere! The class is called Fundamentals of Classical Techniques. The school focuses on International cuisine and is based on much of Aguste Escoffier's philosophy. Lots of French terms to memorize, techniques to master, remembering where everything is located in the kitchen, working within a group, recipes to copy, chapters to read, quizzes to study for, notebook and journal to keep up on, etc., etc., etc., and this is just one class! On Monday I have that class from 7-12, have an hour for lunch/studying, (or I could catch a nap in the car! lol) and then a four hour English 101 class from 1-5 pm. Oh, by the way, I'm about a century older than EVERYONE else in that class of 32. It's so interesting to hear their opinions and views -  and they know EVERYTHING - or at least they thing they do! Experience is my friend, but I'd love to be that cocky and carefree again. After class, I go home and eat something, do some homework from my morning class for the next day, and then go to a new church I'm trying out to attend a class called  Divorce Care, which runs from 7-9. It is a good class and I'm appreciating hearing others going through similar experiences. Then I'll have to come home and finish up on homework. I know I just need to get into the swing of it. This is all so new to me. When I got home on Monday I read my e-mail and found a huge prelimanary Judgement of Divorce document, along with three others, that need to be reviewed. When I saw that, I broke down. After that long first day and being so tired, it was just too much. So, today I'll attend my first Nutrition class. I've given myself Thursday and Friday off from classes. I'm still attending physical therapy twice a week and working with a trainer at the gym to gain strength back in my legs. I'm also trying to build myself back up to where I was aerobically before my injury. So, I'm extremely busy. But, there are students who are working full-time or part-time and have families and managing to go to school so I have nothing to complain about. I do want to get a part-time job in the food industry, but not until next semester. Time to study! More later.

2 comments:

  1. Edie - I am loving your blog! I have been wondering how you are doing and this is a great way to keep us all imformed AND hopefully help you by writing down your thoughts and feelings during this journey. You go girl! Keep up the good work. You got it going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edie - I am so proud of you! You are such a strong woman, and you have an incredible future ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete