Thanks for viewing my Blog! It means a lot to me.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Time - Too Much and Not Enough

Well, time is ticking away until the start of school. I have orientation on July 6th and my first day of school is July 11th! One class the first session - Intro. to Culinary Arts. It's a Monday morning 8-11 class, which means I'll have to leave the house by 5:00 am to be safe with traffic, etc. That's where I feel there is too much time until I start school. The not enough is not enough time in this house - my home - and - believe it or not - with Dan as my husband. I know it's the best thing - but - as much as I would like this divorce to be over - once it's over - it's OVER. And that's the hardest part - no more Dan and Edie. No more sharing this house - even though it is very difficult at times. No more being a wife - his wife. No more "us." I think I'm going to wait until after Jason and Brittany's wedding to start packing up what I want to take to Farmington Hills (where I believe I'll be living), what I want to store, and what I just will have to get rid of. 30+ years of memories - nothing I really want to get rid of, but have to. I hope the memories last, even though the trinket or photo that goes along with it is gone. I am excited about my new life - I really am. As time goes by, the "old" life is getting a bit easier to let go of. I've finally given up on the thought that we might reconcile. I've moved on - and I believe - that is huge. At least it is for me. So time - too much and too little - no matter which way you look at it, as long as I live, the time I spent as Mrs. Daniel Alt will have been the biggest part of my life, and most of it was very sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment