Thanks for viewing my Blog! It means a lot to me.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Some Photos

It's 2:50 am. I got home from work about 1:00 am and hoped I could just fall asleep right away. I have to get up in three hours I have some homework, then get ready to be in work at 10:00 am. I work this coming Tuesday and Wednesday, captaining two events. I am tired...
A dessert we made last semester. We made the wafer cup, the dried orange, the sorbet (raspberry) the marshmallow (see the block in background?) and the chocolate brownie!
School is so amazingly fun this semester - the culinary class, that is. I have History I as well...it's online and a ton of work. Anyway...I want to share some photos because I don't have much more to update you all on, so enjoy the photos!!


These are mini sweet dough tarts, filled with pastry cream, topped with fresh fruit, and glazed with an apricot glaze. I made these at home as practice for one of the dishes for the Baking and Pastry Final. I got 95/100 on that final - I was so happy!

New England Clam Chowder! OMG it was sooo good! I cleaned and prepared the clams!!
From this semester's American Regional culinary class. Fried catfish, greens, ham and onions, and succotash (The greens were really nice because we made the entire recipe in a pressure cooker - WOW, took so much less time than....all day like it's supposed to be done!


I made this Potato Salad - 10 different items that needed to be cut or chopped - look how consistent my cuts are! Look at the pulled pork OMG the taste was amazing after it smoked all night. Chef handed me two pieces throughout the class and said try this...the first was tongue and later on cheek. I told him I would have never tired those if I knew what they were! They were really, really good!
New England Boiled Dinner (this photo is from the book, but ours was just like this and so good!

Grilled Quail, Orange Sweet Potatoes, Squash, and Hush Puppies - I made the Hush Puppies!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! Thanks for sharing it with me!! You are so blessed and talented :) Hope to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete