Thanks for viewing my Blog! It means a lot to me.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I Should be Studying!!

Oh, my gosh!!! What a wild couple of weeks! It's Wednesday evening - I have two finals tomorrow - a practical in Baking and Pastry, and a written in Baking and Pastry Theory. I hope to do better on the practical than I did at mid-term. One of my friends today said, "I turn into a completely different person during practicals." She's right - I have absolutely no confidence in myself. I just need to relax and what happens, happens. My supply list is done, my timeline is done, my recipes are done, I have my knife kit packed, all I have to do is relax and go with the flow. On Monday I had my final in Purchase and Product ID. I only missed seven questions out of 178 and ended up with a 96.6% in the class, so that's an A for the semester. I really screwed up a quiz and did just OK on the mid-term, but yeah!!! Then today I had the written part for Baking and Pastry - tomorrow I do the practical. This afternoon my Effective Speaking final was an eight minute speech about a progress report. I was the ONLY one within the 8 minute mark - 8 minutes, 8 seconds! We could be 15 seconds under or over before it started effecting the grade. All those practice runs I went through paid off. But then, all that time I spent on it. I saw a young girl in the library this afternoon just writing it a half hour before class!! She went way over the time because there's no way she had time to practice it, too! I'm such a nerd. LOL! So, three finals down, two to go. I've been working like crazy and am so looking forward to no school next week. I was supposed to go to Florida to visit with Ramzi's Mom, but I can't take a vacation from work until I've been there a year :-( So, I hope to only have to work a few days next week and visit with Jason and Brittany, CLEAN this apartment, and catch up on bills, etc. I really am looking forward to only one class next semester, along with working full-time. With all the homework I'm NOT going to have to do, I'll maybe be able to start running or just get to the gym. Who knows what's going to happen in the next couple of months...I'm excited to see...

No comments:

Post a Comment