Thanks for viewing my Blog! It means a lot to me.

Friday, March 30, 2012

I Can't Believe It!!!

I finished school last Thursday. I got my official grades for the semester today - I got a 4.0! I can't believe after working 3-4 days a week and four classes I still kept my 4.0. Thank goodness for extra credit in my last class because I didn't do as well as I had thought on the final. The best part of the finals? My Baking and Pastry practical! You might recall that I did not so well on my mid-term practical. Well, I got 95-100 on my final. Everything went well, I was a little late getting everything plated, but there was a traffic jam at her table to grade the dishes, so it was alright. She told me and the class that I was the winner. I said what? She said you are the winner on the cinnamon rolls - best in two days! OMG! My partner said, Oh, Ron, she beat you! Then it started. Ron used to work at Cinnabon! So, I guess we'll have a Cinnamon Roll Smack Down some day soon! Anyway, for me, to have the BEST of something, it really made me feel like a million bucks!

I'm in a server uniform right now, getting ready to leave the house and go to an off-premise catering event and train as a server. I'll actually get paid as a server, too, which is better than I get paid right now. I'm learning so much, the servers are wonderful to work with, and they respect the fact I don't have much restaurant experience and still respect me as a manager, and someday their manager. So it's good all the way around.

I start school again on Monday. I decided to take an on-line class as well so I have at least two classes this semester.

I've been sleeping in, which has been wonderful. I signed up for a Yoga 101 class on Sunday. I'll go there after church, then I work an event. I'll probably be home late.

Feelings...I have so many right now. Feelings about one year ago when Dan officially decided he wanted a divorce. I can't believe it's been almost a year - April 30. Feelings about school - excitement. Feelings about work - excitement and trepidation. Feelings about Dan...all over the place. All I know is I miss him and I miss us. It gets a bit easier...but it's taking an extremely long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment