Thanks for viewing my Blog! It means a lot to me.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Where are these feelings coming from?

Today I woke up feeling very sad. It was Dan's birthday yesterday. We usually celebrate his and the boys' birthdays together. Don't think we're going to have a chance to do that this year. I was talking to a friend and I was told these emotions will pop up a lot in the next weeks, months, even years. I know it's not going to be emotion-free - I am going to have these days - but I just wish I had some warning - maybe some bells or a tornado siren. Get ready - those sad emotions are gonna touch down in 5 minutes!! I think it was just Dan's birthday that got me feeling blue. I suspect any major holiday or special day is going to feel this way for awhile.

I know I can get through them. I didn't think it would bother me, but it did. So, I'll just have to think ahead and have some positive thinking going on for the next special day so I'm prepared. Positive thinking! Why is it that you have the best intentions to  immediately shake off a sad mood or bad mood, using all the sad emotion-fighting tools in your emotional toolbox, but when it hits you by surprise, all that good knowledge and skills just go flying out the window. I'm working on it - I'm a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment