Thanks for viewing my Blog! It means a lot to me.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

Yesterday was Father's Day. I talked to my Dad, which was nice, but I wish I could have been there. I am going to try to go back home before I go back to school after break.

I spent a wonderful day with Ramzi and his girls, his sister Gina and her husband Jamie and their boys Tristin and Cole. It was such a good day. We had great food on the grill. I made a birthday cake for Cole's 9th birthday. We spent the afternoon in their back property shooting all kinds of guns. I think Ramzi's daughter and I have found something in common! It was so much fun being around Ramzi's nephews - they remind me so much of my boys at that age!

I'm starting my 3 weeks off school today. I have a million things I want to do - think I'll just start by spending the afternoon on the couch watching movies - yep, that sounds like a plan!

Got an A in all three classes this semester, so I'm feeling pretty good! I will miss my American Regional class, though, but hope my Garde Manger class is just as much fun.

Here are some photos!
My classmates at the Top Chef Roadshow (I'm taking photo)
The food we had to put prepare  for the audience

 Some of the dishes we made during the semester - learning how to plate correctly as well...
 Calamari and Pasta

 I made this - a dish from the Hawaii - can't remember the name, but it was yummy!
 OMG! This meat was marinated then grilled - it was so good!


 This table is having their dishes evaluated by the our Chef and TA
 This table after they had their dishes evaluated - all smiles!!!
 Dave, Me, Allie, and Jennifer at our Awards Ceremony!

No comments:

Post a Comment