Thanks for viewing my Blog! It means a lot to me.

Friday, January 13, 2012

January 13th

Well, a new year has begun in full force. School is overwhelming already and I'm only in my first week! I didn't have the chance to prepare for the new semester as well as I would have liked because I got back from vacation Sunday afternoon and started school Monday. I'll know better next time. I spent a fantastic week back in Johnstown. My Dad turned 80 and we had a party with 12 of us helping him celebrate.  It was good to be back home. Then Ramzi - a very nice man I'm seeing - and I spent a weekend at Seven Springs Resort in Pennslyvania at a Culinary Getaway! The food was fantastic, as well as the cooking demos and all the new information and techniques I learned. Over Christmas break I'll bet I gained 10 pounds, which now makes a total of about 30 I need to lose.

The rest of the break was amazing as well. I really needed the three weeks off. I spent Christmas with Chris and then a few days after at Jason's house with both boys. The Christmas Eve service at church was so nice. It was good to find out the Detroit Lions were in the playoffs! That was the buzz at church that night. Unfortunately both Detroit and Pittsburgh are out of the playoffs. I can not wait to see the Patriots run all over the Denver Broncos this weekend. I WILL take time out to watch that game!

I'm so blessed to have my two boys, I really am and need to just keep remembering that. They are both amazing men and keep me afloat.

I'm trying desperately to get caught up and ahead a bit today. It's Friday and we have Monday off for MLK Day. So, I have today, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and most of Tuesday to get caught up and ahead hopefully. I have about 10 chapters to read from this week plus next week's reading; two speeches to write - one of which is a demonstration; MATH problems to do. First I have to learn math; a signature dish to dream up and a concept restaurant and menu to start creating for a later due date; tons of recipes to write; a quiz to study for; vocabulary to submit; start a project where we have to deconstruct a recipe, replacing one ingredient to make it a healthier option (a guy from my other class and I are working on that together - we KNOW we'll share the work evenly!), and THEN I can start on next week's reading and vocabulary, and, and, and! How do the young kids in my classes do it? Most of them work, in fact, most of the students work full or part-time. I would have been working this semester at school if the budget wouldn't have been cut. Maybe that's a blessing. Don't know if I could have worked 20 hours a week with all of this school work. But, I guess you do what you have to do.

This semester is Baking and Pastry!!! I KNOW this stuff, at least the very basics, not the science behind it. BUT why is it I break into a cold sweat and my brain won't let me think? We have SOOO much to do in the five hours in class, then we do it all over again the next day for five hours. I wish I could just relax. My brain would let me think instead of being blocked and I wouldn't be making so many mistakes. It's just the pressure we're under, getting us ready for the real world.

Well, better get to it. More later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment